Viral Respiratory Infection Clinical Trials
Are you or one of your children suffering from a viral respiratory infection? These frustrating, potentially dangerous infections can interfere with normal breathing. Sometimes a viral respiratory infection affects just your upper respiratory system; in other instances, it can affect just your lower respiratory system.
At Avail Clinical Research, we are conducting viral respiratory infection clinical trials in order to develop better treatments and preventative options for children. But we can’t do it without the help of families like yours!
Fill out the form on the right hand side of the page and see if you or your child qualifies for one of our upcoming viral respiratory infection trials →
Through new research studies, we hope to find better ways to prevent and treat viral respiratory infections. So we’re actively seeking interested families in Volusia County (and around Florida!). If you’d like to learn more about our upcoming viral respiratory infection clinical trials, please:
- Use our online contact form – It’s quick and easy to use the short contact form in the upper right hand corner of this page. All you need to provide is your name, email and phone number. This allows us to reach out to you and further discuss your child’s eligibility. You will receive an email confirmation letting you know that we received your information and will be in touch shortly!
- Give us a call – If it’s easier to just call at a time that’s good for you, you can do so at (386) 785-2400. We can answer any questions you may have about our viral respiratory infection clinical trials and our enrollment process. You can call us any weekday between 7 AM and 5 PM, but we aren’t available on weekends or during major holidays.
Children: A High Risk Age Group
Since it’s nearly impossible to avoid all viruses and forms of bacteria, any one of us is susceptible to catching a viral respiratory infection. However, children and older people’s immune systems are more prone to being infected by viruses in general. Not only are kids’ immune systems typically more fragile, children are also at greater risk because of their tendency to do things like put their fingers in their mouths or rub their eyes, not to mention regular contact with other children (who also have a greater likelihood of carrying a virus).
Since children are extra susceptible, it’s extra important that they have safe and effective treatments. This is why we conduct ongoing pediatric viral respiratory infection clinical trials here in DeLand!
Other higher risk factors individuals include:
- Anyone with an already-weakened immune system
- People with heart disease
- People with lung problems
Do You (or Your Child) Qualify for a Clinical Study in Florida?
Each study we conduct here in DeLand has it’s own unique set of qualification criteria. Having a respiratory infection is only part of the equation; in fact, there are numerous other factors that come into consideration. Though the qualification process can be frustrating, it ensures the most accurate results from our research.
Are Viral Respiratory Clinical Trials Safe?
Our participants’ safety is always our top priority. We understand the magnitude of your contribution, and you can rest assured that we follow a very strict set of guidelines when conducting a new research study.
Our research team employs several stringent safety measures during each viral respiratory infection clinical trial we conduct in DeLand. Some of the safety measures we employ include:
- Getting IRB approval for each study protocol we receive as a first line of defense
- Making sure to obtain a signed informed consent form from each of our participants before enrolling their child
- Several team members monitoring each stage of the clinical trial
Compensation for Clinical Trial Participation
Our participants receive all study-related care (including laboratory services, study medications and physical examinations) free of charge. Compensation for time and travel may also be provided to those who complete a study. It is important to note that compensation may vary depending on the viral respiratory clinical trial in which you enroll.
Viral Respiratory Infection Signs and Symptoms
Though they will be different depending on whether it’s a lower or upper respiratory infection, here are some common symptoms:
- body aches
- runny nose
- sore throat
Call your doctor if you experience any of the following:
- a fever over 103˚ F and/or chills
- difficulty breathing
- loss of consciousness
Please Note: If you have any questions about our viral respiratory infection clinical trials or other research studies at Avail Clinical Research, please call us at (386) 785-2400. Our office hours are from 7 AM to 5 PM every weekday.
Interested in furthering the future of modern medicine but unable to enroll in a clinical trial? You can still get involved and earn money in the process through our Refer-A-Friend program. Earn up to $100 by referring a qualified participant for our upcoming viral respiratory infection clinical trials. Learn more about our Refer-A-Friend program by clicking here.