Influenza Clinical Trials
Have you caught the flu? If you have, then you could qualify for one of the upcoming influenza clinical trials we’re conducting at our clinic in DeLand, Florida. Our research on this common viral infection helps to improve flu vaccines and other related treatments. If you’d like to participate in a clinical trial, we’d love to hear from you!
Fill out the form on the right hand side of the page if you’d like to be contacted about our upcoming influenza clinical trials →
As the image above implies, we are in need of volunteers for our influenza clinical trials. We understand that this not an option for everyone, but we want anyone who is interested to contact us as soon as possible. If you’d like to let us know you’re interested in participating, please:
- Use our online contact form – In the upper right hand corner, you’ll see the contact form for our influenza clinical trials. By using the form, you’ll be letting our recruitment team know that you are interested in an upcoming study. All you need to provide is your full name, email and phone number. After you fill out the form, you’ll receive a confirmation email letting you know that a member of our research team has received your contact information and will be calling you shortly to discuss your eligibility.
- Give us a call – You can also call us at (386) 785-2400 if you’d like to learn more about our flu clinical trials and our enrollment process. You can call us anytime between 7 AM and 5 PM on week days (we aren’t available on weekends or during major holidays).
The mention of the flu might no strike fear into our hearts like it once did, but this viral infection can still be deadly– especially amongst groups considered to be at high risk (young children, older adults and those with compromised immune systems). Through ongoing research, our mission is to make significant improvements in the treatments we can employ against the flu.
But what if you didn’t need to get the flu vaccine each year? What if after one vaccine, you didn’t have to worry about your children being at risk ever again? If we continue to improve the our prevention methods and treatments, this is a future that we can all look forward to. This is why we conduct studies in this field and why we need your help.
Do I Qualify for an Influenza Clinical Study in DeLand?
That’s a great question and one that our research team will be able to answer if you contact us. The reason we can’t provide a clear “yes” or “no” here is because each influenza study we conduct has a unique set of qualification criteria. While we are searching for volunteers who have come down with the flu, these aren’t the only important factors.
While it pains us to have to turn down someone who wants to become participant, adhering to the strict qualification criteria is vital for the success of each study. If you have any further questions about clinical trial eligibility in general, please refer to this resource.
While we never like to turn down someone who is interested in participating, these screenings are extremely important. If you have any questions, please call us at (386) 785-2400.
While we can’t share any specifics about qualification criteria on this page, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We are only looking for volunteers who currently have the flu.
- A history of substance or alcohol abuse within the last 5 years can make you ineligible to participate.
- Volunteers who don’t have health insurance can still qualify to participate.
Please note that after a study starts, each participant reserves the right to drop out if they wish. To learn more about the rights and protections granted to each participant, please click here.
Compensation for Time and Travel
Our participants receive all study related care (including laboratory services, study medications and physical examinations) free of charge. Compensation for time and travel may also be provided to those who complete a study. It is important to note that compensation may vary depending on the influenza clinical trial you are enrolled in.
Please call us at (386) 785-2400 if you have other questions.
Influenza (Common Flu) Symptoms
Recognizing the signs of the common flu are important, as the symptoms are often confused with those caused by the common cold. Unlike your average head cold, flu symptoms will develop rapidly. If you have caught the flu, you may experience the following symptoms:
- A fever (body temperature exceeding 100.4 F/38 C)
- Widespread aches in the muscles (often the back, arms and legs)
- Chills and sweating
- Sore throat
- Excessive levels of fatigue and weariness
- Nasal congestion
- A cough that is persistent but not accompanied by any phlegm
Please Note: If you have any other questions about the influenza clinical trials at Avail Clinical Research, please call (386) 785-2400. Our office hours are from 7 AM to 5 PM on weekdays.